So please to see my chiffon standing tall again! ^o^ And absolutely loves the citrus yuzu flavour! This 9" chiffon was wiped out within 2 days! :o
- 4 egg yolks
- 50gm yuzu tea mixture (I snip the fruit into small pieces)
- 65ml corn oil
- 65ml yuzu honey citroen juice
- 100gm cake flour
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 70gm sugar
- Using a wire whisk, beat the egg yolks and yuzu tea mixture.
- Add the oil and yuzu drink juice and whisk to combine.
- Sift in flour and fold till smooth batter formed.
- In a separate clean bowl, using an electric beater, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar. When it is at foamy stage, gradually add in the sugar in 3 batches, with the beaters mixing constantly. Whip till stiff peaks to form meringue stage.
- Fold in 1/3 egg whites into the egg yolks mixture. Pour the batter into the remaining egg whites and fold evenly.
- Pour into ungreased tube pan and bake in preheated oven at 18 deg cel for 40-45 mins. Remove from oven. Invert immediately and leave to cool completely before removing from pan.