Bolo De Coco is a Portuguese for Coconut Cake. Have kept this recipe which was published in Sunday Times couple of years ago! Understand from the article that this coconut flavour cake is commonly eaten by the Eurasians during festive celebrations like Christmas other than the infamous Sugee Cake :)Ingredient
Though rich coconut milk & fresh grated coconut is added into the cake, it does not taste very rich. Light & moist texture, great with a dallop of vanilla ice-cream at the side! 2 more weeks counting down to 2010 Christmas Day!! Do you feel the merry festive season approaching after seeing this cake?
- 225gm unsalted butter
- 180gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100gm fresh grated coconut
- 160ml coconut milk
- 225gm plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter & sugar on high speed until creamy & fluffy.
- Add in salt & grated coconut and beat for 4 mins until fully combined.
- Using a ballon whisk, fold in coconut milk until well incorporated.
- Sift in flour & baking powder and fold till combined. Set aside . (pic below)
5. Using a electric whisk, beat eggs on high speed for 5mins until thick & fluffy. (pic below)
6. Add the beaten eggs to the butter mixture gradually and fold till combined. Add vanilla essence.
7. Pour batter into a lined 8" round cake pan. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 1 - 1.5hrs or until a skewer inserted come out clean.
Submitting this recipe to the upcoming Aspiring Bakers #2 - Christmas! (Dec 2010)