Super yummylicious braised chicken dish! with beer?! yes the gravy has this delicate malt flavour and kids won't get drunky after eating this hahaha as the alcohol has already evaporated after cooking!
- 3 chicken thighs, cut into 2 sections
- 1 sweet corn, cut into sections
- 20gm black fungus, soaked
- 10 dried shitake mushroom, soaked and cut into 1/2
- 3 slices ginger
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 300ml white beer
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 900ml water
- Add 2 tbsp oil in wok, fry ginger for 2 mins until fragrant. Add in garlic and stir fry briefly.
- Add chicken thighs and cook for 3mins.
- Add corn, mushroom and black fungus. Mix evenly.
- Add in beer, water and seasoning and bring to boil. Braise over medium low heat for 30mins until chicken is cooked through and gravy reduced.
I've heard of beer for stewing/braising western style, but first time I'm hearing of it in an Asian dish. Very interesting! Your dish looks very yummy. Now I'll have to try it :)
Post a Comment