I've adapted this recipe using the Coffee Chiffon I've done previously :D I just added extra 2 tbsp cocoa powder to the batter and replaced the milk with some balanced baileys liquor and come out with this Mocha Baileys Chiffon! The results??....is exactly the taste am looking for! with taste of some cocoa, some coffee & baileys flavor!! yumz!...But some unexpected result happened @-@, see the below pictures and you will know why...dunno whether to cry or laugh LOL
The chiffon surface looks perfectly alright after cooling down, just like my Coffee Chiffon :) The surface is dried just nice, when lightly pressed down can hear the hissing sound 'piss piss piss' hehehe...
Nice yah?? :) all slices perfectly cut....but...
hahahaha the bottom seized! the whole bottom just dislodge without the need to go round with a knife, faint! >.<" This is the first time I've encountered this problem! So far I've baked 1, 2, 3.....29 perfect chiffons, yes 29, hahaha excluding those failed (less than 5 attempts if I remembered) and this 30th chiffon gives me a surprise loz hahaha..
So I SOS Wendy why this happen! Seems like nothing wrong with the proportions of the ingredients and neither did I overbeaten the egg whites...over folding? greasy pan (the removable section)? hehehe thanks Wendy for sharing, conclusion? there may be some grease over the pan as I did not check before pouring in the batter. Any of you ever encounter such problem? Hope you can share with me your experience! :D
Though it does not looks perfect but it still taste GOOD!
- 2 tbsp Nescafe coffee granules
- 50ml Baileys liquor
- 4 egg yolks
- 50ml corn oil
- 100gm castor sugar
- 100gm top flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Combine coffee granules in baileys. Warm slightly over stove. Stir to dissolve the granule. Whisk egg yolks with 50gm sugar till smooth. Stir in coffee mixture & corn oil. Sift in flour and cocoa powder and fold till batter is smooth.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar till foamy. Gradually beat in 50gm sugar on high speed in 3 additions till stiff peak formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg white foam into coffee batter. Mix evenly. Pour the batter into the balance egg white foam and fold in gently till combined.
- Pour into ungreased tube pan. Tap the pan on hard surface to release excess trap air bubbles and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30-35 mins. Invert immediately to cool completely before removing from pan.
Sometimes i do get the same problem as yours, i would think that the temperature is too high?
My oven has hot spots and sometimes the same settings would give me higher temperature than normal.
Post a Comment