I hereby wishing You & Your Families a Healthy, Wealthy & Prosperous Chinese New Year!
Ingredient (one 6" round cake)
- one 200gm Mandarin, blemished free
- 3 eggs,
- 100gm sugar
- 125gm ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100gm whipped cream
- 1 small canned mandarin segments
- Clean mandarin thoroughly. Place it in a deep saucepan, add some cold water to submerge the fruit. Bring to boil and simmer on low heat for 2 hours. Drain away water and cool the fruit. Split the fruit and remove any pips. Blend the mandarin (include skin, pith, fruit) and give a quick blitz in a food processor.
- Add in eggs, sugar, almonds and baking powder, blitz lightly after each addition.
- Pour the cake batter into a lined 6" cake pan and spread evenly. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 50 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Tent the surface of the pan at the last 10 mins if the cake start to brown too fast.
- Remove pan from oven and leave to cool. Unmould the cake when is completely cooled. Place the cake, top side facing down on a serving plate. (Actually not necessary to do this but if the cake is unfrosted, down-side facing up will look nicer as it looks even and crack-free)
- Spread whipped cream evenly over the surface of the cake and arrange mandarin segments on top, or simply just serve the unfrosted cake with whipped cream and mandarin segments at the sides.