Something healthier which I mostly cook all the time! :) Steamed fish, baked fish or braised fish is always the choice for me ;)
Parboiled fish....slowly simmer in boiling water till cook from then the usual way of steaming, I find the fish taste very succelent using this method! The fish broth can be retained to cook the sauce and use as a base for noodle soup also! no wastage :)
- 1 seabass approx 600gm
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 slices ginger, chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp cornstarch water
- 2 tbsp spicy bean paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp wine
- 2 tsp dark vinegar
- Fill wok with 3 cups water and bring to boil, add seabass and cook for 5mins. Remove fish and reserve fish broth.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok, add garlic, ginger & spring onion and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add sauce mixture and stir fry for a min. Add in 1.5 cup reserved fish broth and simmer till sauce is reduced.
- Dish out fish and place on serving plate. Thicken sauce with cornstarch water and drizzle over fish.
I've never tried preparing fish this way, normally it's steam, fried or baked. Thanks for sharing!
I love to eat fish too.....but sometimes I wonder do you know how is the best way to make the smell of fish gone? cause sometimes if the fish is too smelly. it is not really nice to consume. I try to put some lime/lemon but sometimes it doesn't work....
Try marinate with some rice wine or Chinese cooking wine prior to cooking ;)
Post a Comment