An unusual grilled chicken burger which sandwiched with two ramen buns instead of the normal bread bun! hahaha I'm not that creative to come up with this new idea lah. I've got inspired by Keizo Shimamoto whom created this ramen burger. Instead of making beef patties, I've prefer grilled miso chicken to match with this ramen bun....Japanse fusion burger!!?? ^0^
Kids meal : Ramen burger, miso soup, fruit cocktail & chips!
The miso chicken is oven baked! Crisp and golden brown, great to serve with plain rice too!
Ramen Burger - Grilled Miso Chicken
- 600gm boneless chicken thigh meat
- 1/4 cup red miso paste
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 packet instant noodle (Nissin brand)*
- 1 egg, lightly beaten*
- salt & pepper to taste
- pea sprouts
- cheese slices
* 1 packet of noodle is enough to make into 4 ramen patties (2 ramen burgers) for small eaters. Or 2 large ramen patties (1 ramen burger) for big eater ^0^. This attempt I did not add in any egg to bind the ramen patty. The thinner patties are trickier to handle whereas the large patty (divided into 2 potions) is thick and firm enough to hold its shape. So I suggest to add in the beaten egg into the cooked ramen if you want to form it into 4 small (thin) ramen patties.
- Combine miso paste, mirin, wine, sugar, soy sauce and garlic and mix into a smooth paste.
- Coat the chicken meat with the miso mixture evenly. Allow to marinate overnight in fridge.
- To make the ramen bun : Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in instant noodle and cook till al dente. To not overcook. Drain well and cool down slightly. Mix in beaten egg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the noodle into 4 equal portions. Line 4 small round ramekins (or use small disposable round container) with cling wrap. Place in a portion of noodle and press down. Cover with cling wrap and press down firmly. Repeat with the other portions. Chill in fridge for at least 30mins to firm them up.
- Meanwhile, place marinated chicken meat, skin side down, on a lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 15 mins. Turn the meat and bake for another 10mins. Remove from oven and cool down slightly. Slice into portion slightly smaller than the diameter of the ramen bun.
- Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick pan. Place the firmed noodle bun over the pan and fry till brown over medium low heat. Carefully turn the buns over and fry the other side till golden brown.
- To assemble : Place a piece of ramen bun on a serving plate, layer with some pea sprouts over. Place a piece of grilled miso chicken over. Top with cheese slices and tomatoes. Place another slab of ramen bun over. Serve immediately!
The kids ramen burger (x2) is made with 1 packet of instant noodle. The patties is rather thin and is large enough to fill them up. Hmmm next attempt I should add some beaten egg to help to bind the thin patties better.