I love most Malay food like nasi lemak, mee rebus, mee siam, mee soto and the list goes on...but Lontong is the last choice that comes into my mind >.< I rarely order this dish as I do not like the cold compressed rice, moreover I cannot find a decent one around my vicinity. But I could not resist my homecooked Sayur Lodeh without the nasi impit of course! hehehe...
It is such a fuss free dish to prepare! Just blend the spices and fry till fragrant then add in all the vegetable. In less than 30 mins a pot of wholesome curry vegetable is ready! Love drenching the gravy with my plate of hot rice....slurp!
- 2 pieces firm tofu, sliced and pan-fry till golden brown
- 4 pieces large tofu puff, cut into triangle
- 20 french bean, cut into 1" length
- 450gm cabbage, roughly cut
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cube chicken stock cube
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- sugar & salt to taste
Spices - blend into paste
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps, softened
- 6 red chilli, deseeded
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1" ginger
- 2 stalk lemongrass, removed outer skin and sliced
- 4 candlenuts, softened
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Saute blended spices until fragrant. Add water and stock cube, bring to boil.
- Add in french beans, cabbage, carrots and tofu. Cover and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Add in coconut milk. Add in salt & sugar to taste. Continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve immediately with plain rice or nasi impit (pressed rice)
Peng, this is so sedap!
Wow, looks so delicious! I love eating lontong with nasi himpit and sambal belacan! Yum!
This is a lovely dish.
Can eat extra Nasi with this Lontong.
Even though I live in Norway and my mum is no longer with me, I can make this dish as good as I remember her making it when I was younger! Thank yoy for sharing a great recipe! :)
Grateful S'porean overseas
I love this dish! Thanks for posting & for the great pictures:)
Looks good! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Going to try it!
Hi, thank you for sharing the recipe.
In the lontong blend spices there are 4 candlenuts, may i know how to softened them? by soaking them in water?
Mdm Lim...yes it will soften in hot water.
Post a Comment