This is another fantastic quick recipe extracted from 'Nigella Express'! Spicy, sweet, sour all in one....sounds too good right?! An awesome dish which goes well a few bowls of warm rice.....hahaha yes one bowl of rice is just not enough :D
Recipe source : Nigella Express
- 1 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 250ml stock
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 200gm peeled pumpkin, cubed
- 200gm peeled sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 200gm peeled prawn
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
- Heat the wok oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan, and fry the sliced spring onion for a minute, then add the curry paste.
- Whisk in the coconut milk, chicken stock and fish sauce and bring to the boil.
- Tip in the butternut squash and sweet potato cubes and simmer, partially covered, for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Add prawns and bring the sauce to the boil. When it does, add the lime juice and diced mango and cook for another minute or so until the prawns are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with the chopped coriander as you serve over plain rice.
Cook-Your-Books #17 @ Kitchen Flavours
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary)
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.