With pumpkin & coconut powder readily available in pantry, can't wait to try out this steamed muffin when saw Wendy made this few days ago :D Weather's been gloomy this few days and therefore not enough natural light to capture proper pictures. Glad that I've used coconut milk instead of normal milk, it taste so yummy!!
Recipe adapted from Table for 2
Ingredient (8 muffins)
- 125gm steamed pumpkin flesh
- 1 egg
- 100gm sugar
- 100ml thick coconut milk
- 30gm olive oil
- 180gm cake flour
- 20gm rice flour
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Prepare your steamer and bring the water to a boil.
- Using a hand whisk, beat egg, sugar, milk and oil till sugar is well dissolved. Stir in pumpkin puree.
- Sift cake flour, rice flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour pumpkin mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon into lined steaming cups and steam on high heat for 15 minutes. It will bloom by itself, no need to make a cross with oil.