This is the first gluten free bread I've ever made! Thanks to this Aspiring Bakers event which gives me the opportunity to explore more into gluten free bakes! This healthy quick loaf bread is full of flavor which uses blanched almond meal, flaxseeds & black sesames :)
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 3/4 cup golden flaxseed meal (I used whole flaxseed and milled it myself)
- 1/2 tsp saltteaspoon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds, lightly crushed
- In a large bowl almond meal, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Combine eggs, oil, water and honey.
- Stir wet ingredients into almond meal mixture.
- Allow the batter to sit for 1-2mins to thicken.
- Line a small loaf pan and pour in batter, smoothen the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35mins until golden brown. Cool completely before slicing to serve.
I am submitting your post to Aspiring Bakers #21: Gluten-Free Bakes (July 2012)) hosted by Hankerie.
hi Peng, this bread looks delicious, and healthy too
thks for sharing, will give this a try :)
Wow your bread looks great! Never tried makng rye bread before. Thanx for sharing.
Anuja...hehehe is a fake rye bread. Me too nvr try rye bread b4 ^-*, planning to bake another gluten free bread soon :)
i like the simplicity of thhis recipe..actually is the texture resembles a cake?
Lena....hehehe not cakey wor! Really like dense bread ;)
Post a Comment