24 Jan 2010 - Early reunion dinner at my home!! heeee but all these dishes not prepared by me ^-^. As I'm still under confinement not all dishes I get to sample :P
Monday, January 25, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Posted by Peng at 10:50 AM 15 comments:
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Buttermilk Berry Muffins
Another recipe using buttermilk! yummylicious muffins packed with fresh strawberries!! Healthier bakes compare to buttery cupcakes, and is simple to whip up also.
- 325gm flour
- 150gm sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 180ml buttermilk
- 160ml canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup fresh berries, chopped
- Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla essence.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently fold in the berries. With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Fill each muffin cup almost full of batter. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25mins or a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan. Dust with icing.
Posted by Peng at 1:34 PM 3 comments:
First time using buttermilk in my baking ^-^. Taste light & moist unlike normal buttercake.
- 125gm unsalted butter
- 200gm sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 250ml buttermilk
- 250gm cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Sift flour, baking powder & baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light & fluffy for 2-3mins.
- Beat in eggs one at a time followed by vanilla essence.
- Fold in flour alternate with buttermilk in 3-4 intervals, ending with flour.
- Pour batter into a lined 8" cake pan and bake in preheated oven at 180deg for 35mins.
Posted by Peng at 1:33 PM 2 comments:
Banana Walnut Cookie
Lagging in updating my blog though have done couple of bakings :P baby due in one mth time!! now reaching 36wks ^-^ Baked banana & walnut cake before how about making it into a cookie? Found this recipe in one of the recipe book I've borrowed from the library and very eager to try it out.
- 225gm plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125gm butter, cubed & chill
- 120gm light brown sugar
- 100gm walnuts, chopped
- 1 large banana
- 1 egg
- 50ml milk
- Sift flour and baking powder into mixing bowl. Add chilled butter and blend with fingertips until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar & walnuts.
- Mash banana and beat in egg. Stir in milk. Fold into butter mixture and mix till combined.
- Drop 1 tbsp of the dough onto baking sheets and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack before storing.
Posted by Peng at 1:32 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)