A recipe extracted from Aunty Yochana. I modify the recipe slightly by reducing the sugar amount and increase the walnut to 1 cup :) Soft & fluffy texture with great aroma!
- 125gm butter
- 200gm sugar
- 2 large eggs - beaten lightly
- 200gm cake flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100gm natural yoghurt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 250gm mashed bananas
- Grease a 7 inch square cake tin and line base.
- Cream butter with sugar till creamy.
- Add in beaten eggs, yoghurt and vanilla essence and give a quick whisk.
- Add mashed bananas and beat till just combined.
- Fold in flour and baking soda.
- Fold in chopped walnuts and pour into cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for about 40 - 45 mins.
- Cool cake in pan about 5 mins before unmoulding to cool completely on rack.