is a cake? is a bread? is a Steamed Cup Bread >o<....As am curious what is the texture like and google on a few recipes, and choose to make this sweet corn version as both of my kids loves sweet corns! Texture wise not as fluffy as steamed huat kueh, really like tasting between huat kueh and bread :P
Steamed Sweet Corn Mushi Pan (蒸しパン)
- 100gm Pau Flour
- 3/4 tsp doubt action baking powder
- 25gm sugar
- 1 large egg
- 50ml milk
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside. At the same time, preheat a steamer/wok filled with water till boiling point.
- Using a balloon whisk beat egg and sugar together till foamy and pale in colour before adding in oil and stir till combined.
- Next divide the sifted flour into two batches, stir in alternately with water to form a smooth batter.
- Lastly stir in 2/3 of the sweetcorn kernels and reserve the rest as toppings.
- Spoon the cake batter evenly into 4 small muffin cases.
- Place the cups in the steamer/wok(with boiling water in it), cover and steam over high heat for about 10 mins or until a skewer inserted into one of the buns comes out clean.
recently i also saw elin making these too.. hope i can try making these too one day!
Post a Comment