Recipe adapted from Jo's Deli
- 120gm passion fruit pulp and seeds (from approx. 3 fruits)
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 6 tbsp water
- 60gm unsalted butter, melted
- 80gm castor sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 130gm passion fruit puree
- 50gm cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120gm ground almond
To prepare passion fruit puree:
Combine passion fruit pulp, seeds, sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat up till all sugar is melted. Let the mixture cool down a little before puree in a food processor. Sieve puree through a fine sieve to get rid of the seeds. Weigh the puree again. You should have about 130gm. Add water to top up if necessary.
To prepare cupcakes:
- Sift cake flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add in ground almond and use a hand whisk to mix well. Use a fork to break up the lumps if any.
- With a electric whisk, beat sugar and eggs at high speed till light and pale.
- Add in passion fruit puree and melted butter.
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients.
- Pour in (2) in and stir with a spatula. The batter is watery.
- Fill cupcake cases with batter 80-90% full. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20 mins or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and iced with homemade apricot & passionfruit jam!