This is a simple vanilla cupcake recipe I've found which claimed to be the Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes! And yes indeed it is very moist and light! I always like the idea of using olive oil/veg oil in cake batter rather than butter as it does not turned hard rock when chilled. That means it can be served directly from the chiller and it remains moist & fluffy. Unlike butter cake which need to thaw slightly before serving. I'm glad that the teachers and kids enjoy this simple cake! :D
Orange Vanilla Cupcakes
Ingredient (10 regular size or one 7" round cake)
- 155gm cake flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 120gm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tbsp cointreau
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- orange & yellow colorings
- Break eggs into a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs till frothy. Add sugar and beat till sugar is well dissolved.
- Beat in oil, zests, vanilla paste & cointreau.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, soda & salt in 2 batches and fold in alternate with buttermilk.
- For cupcakes : Divide batter into equal 3 cups. Mix batter with colours, leaving a portion plain.
- Pour in orange coloured batter into 10 individual cupcakes. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 6-8 mins. Remove from oven and pour in the yellow coloured batter and bake for another 6-8mins. Remove from oven and pour in the balance plain batter and continue to bake for another 10-15mins until cook through. (The batter is rather thin so I did not layer the coloured batter all at once.)
- Cool completely before icing with Frosty Whip.
Test batch : trying to layer the color individually by baking 1 layer at a time before pouring in another layer of coloured batter. Some cupcake did not set well at the same time and the batter got mixed up. The top 2 layer not distinctive enough! Next attempt will just leave the top layer plain :D
Assemble of 3 layers 7" round cake : Bottom orange layer is orange vanilla cake, yellow and white cake is plain vanilla sandwiched with homemade apricot & passionfruit jam, and finished off with layers of frosty whip cream.
hehehe great idea to use waffle cookie to go around the cake, so I no need to use so many cream and to cover any ugly flaws :D
The birthday boy and lil sister :D
I simply love the even layers of the cake, think this is the best layer cake I've done so far! hehehe :D
Happy Birthday to Yu Heng! Look at him, so happy to see the angry bird birthday cake :) Same like you, I would prefer use oil to butter for creaming cake :)
Happy Birthday to Yu Heng! That is one beautiful cake! And the layers looks very pretty with different colours and I can see the moist texture of the cake! Well done!
Post a Comment