Make this cute little buns to clear some of the red bean paste from the last moonies baking :D Love the round golden shape of these buns and taste yummylicous too! Fluffy bread with smooth red bean paste and chewy mochi! ^.^
Ingredient (yields 5 buns)
- 115gm bread flour
- 35gm cake flour
- 10gm milk powder
- 25gm sugar
- 2gm salt
- 3gm instant yeast
- 15gm beaten egg
- 50gm water
- 50gm water roux
- 15gm butter
- 150gm red bean paste
- 5 small mochi, matcha flavour
- egg for glazing
- black sesame seeds for garnishing
- Combine the first 8 ingredients into a rough dough. Add in soften butter and knead till dough is smooth and elastic, about 10mins.
- Cover and proof for 1 hour until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and knead lightly. Divide dough into 60gm each. Roll into rounds and rest for 15mins.
- Meanwhile, wrap each mocha into red bean paste and roll round.
- Flattten each bread dough and wrap up the red bean paste.Seal edge tightly.
- Cover and proof for another 1 hour or until double in bulk.
- Glaze with beaten egg and garnish with black sesame seeds. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-18 mins.
Post a Comment