Ohhhhh so smooth and silky egg custard which my family members adored! This dish looks so elegant with the clams peeking through the egg custard! A tip is not to fully submerge the clam in egg mixture so that it will opened up beautifully after steaming :D
- 12 white clams
- 2 eggs
- 1 large slice ginger
- 1/2 tbsp wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp wolfberries, softened
- 180ml clam broth, warmed
- spring onion for garnish
- Rinse clam thoroughly and soak in salted water for 1 hour. Rinse and drained well.
- Place 1.5 cups water, ginger and wine in a saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Add clams and cook briefly. Scoop out clams when is slightly opened. Reserve broth.
- Beat eggs with sesame oil, salt, soy sauce and warmed broth.
- Place clams onto a shallow steam proofed casserole. Sieve egg mixture over the clam. Make sure the clam is only half submerged in the egg mixture. Sprinkle softened wolfberries over. Cling wrapped.
- Steam over preheated steamer on medium low heat for 8-10 mins. (I checked mine was already set at 8mins :))
- Garnish with spring onion and serve immediately.