My hubby always remind me do not consume too much white rice as it is very starchy and will increase our blood sugar, making us very sluggish after every meal. One of my friend is on Paleo Diet (diet Paleolithic diet consists mainly of fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, vegetables, fruit, fungi, roots, and nuts, and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, salt, refined sugar, and processed oils), and she happens to try out Paleo Rice. So I googled on web and stumble on this recipe instead!
It is indeed very awesome tasty! Very light and refreshing taste especially paired with the baked fish! And no more sluggish feeling compared to intake with same amount of rice!
Baked Fish with Tomatoes, Onion & Lemon
served with Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white onions, diced
- 2 stick celery, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 2 stalk spring onions, chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups fish stock
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add garlic, onion, celery, peppers and scallions; saute until soft.
- Stir in riced cauliflower, adding thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper, paprkika and cumin.
- Add in the fish stock. Allow to simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes or so or until liquid is reduced.
Baked Fish with Tomatoes, Onions & Lemon
Creations of Peng's Kitchen
- 500gm boneless white fish fillet
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, sliced (the other 1/2 portion squeeze for juice)
- 2 sprig parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pat fish fillet dry with kitchen paper.
- Place a large piece of foil on a baking sheet. Lay 1/2 portion of onion, tomatoes & lemon slices on the foil.
- Place fish fillet over. Drizzle olive oil over and season lightly with pinch of salt & pepper. Top with remaining onion, tomatoes & lemon & parsley.
- Place another piece of foil over and seal the edge tightly. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins.