- 1 kampong chicken
- 2 tbsp Knorr chicken powder
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 1 small onion, sliced
- thumb sized ginger, julienned
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- bunch of spring onions, shredded
- Rub the chicken powder evenly over the chicken. Set aside for 30mins.
- Place the chicken in a preheated steamer and steam for 30mins until cooked through. Meanwhile prepare a large bowl of ice water. Once the chicken is cooked, plunge it into the cold water. Drain well and cut up the chicken in pieces and arrange on a serving plate. Arrange chilli, onion, ginger and spring onion on top.
- Heat up oil in a saucepan. Add in soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar and cook till sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the hot sauce onto the chicken and serve immediately.