This is quite similar to the Lor Mai Kai I've done previously, just without the glutinous rice :D :D Happen to get some dried lotus leaves from my mother-in-law whom she bought it from Chinatown. I actually been searching this lotus leaves around my neighbour, but no luck. I particularly loves the gravy from the steamed chicken! Really infused with flavours from the lotus leaves!!
Lay 2 layers of softened lotus leaves in steaming pan, place marinated meat over....
Recipe by Peng's Kitchen
- 2 pcs Lotus Leaves
- 1 chicken, cut into large chunks
- 10 XO mushrooms
- 8 seedless red dates
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 1 tsp thick dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak lotus leaves in hot water until soften. Drain away water and wash well before using.
- Marinate chicken pieces with all seasoning, preferably overnight.
- Place a piece of lotus leaves in a deep steaming bowl, cut the other piece of lotus leaves in halves. overlay to conceal the gaps. Place marinated chicken, red dates & mushroom over the lotus leaves. Wrap up..
- Steam over preheated steamer for 45mins until cooked through.