This is the first time I buy these cranberry beans, also known as pearl beans (珍珠豆) :D All of us like this light & flavourful pot of soup :D
- 2 Chicken Drumstick
- 320gm Lotus Root, peel & sliced
- 600gm fresh Huai Shan, slice & cut into chunks
- 30 Pods Of Cranberry Bean(珍珠豆)
- 5 red dates
- 1 tbsp wolfberries
- salt to taste
MethodRecipe adapted (with modifications) from Cuisine Paradise
- Wash the louts root, peel and cut into thin slices.
- Wash the fresh huai shan, peel and cut into thick sections.
- Wash and remove skin of chicken drumsticks then blanch and boiling water, rinse and set aside.
- Wash the cranberry bean pods and remove the seeds from it, rinse and set aside.
- Bring a pot of 2400ml of water to boil then rinse the rest of the herbs and add it into the water together with the louts root, huai shan and chicken drumstick.
- Bring to boil again, lower heat and simmer for 1.5hrs, add in the cranberry beans & wolfberries and continue simmer on low heat for another 30 minutes. Add salt to taste.
My younger girl looooooves podding cranberry beans.
Post a Comment