This is me and my son's favourite item!! Whenever I passby the dim sum counter at the food court, I'm sure to buy one of this for snack :D :D A very simple recipe which I've come up with using fish paste and some prawn meat and minimal seasoning as the fish paste and the beancurd skin is already quite salty....
Recipe by Peng's Kitchen
Ingredient (makes 6 pcs)
- 150gm fish paste
- 50gm prawn meat, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 6 pcs dried beancurd skin (approx 6 cm x 6cm) *
- Mix fish paste, prawn meat, spring onion, carrots and seasoning well.
- Divide mixture into 6 portion, place evenly over beancurd skin and wrap up. Seal edge with some cornstarch solution.
- Heat oil in pan, lower heat and pan fry beancurd roll till golden brown on both sides.
I'm submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #19: Dim Sum Affair (May 2012) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker
We used to have some leftover foo peh skin whenever we make 'Lor Bak' or meat rolls. Next time we can use this recipe to finish off the balance. Great option. Should taste good too.
Post a Comment