Saturday, May 26, 2012

Tuna Mayo Bun

Finally attempt to make this heart shaped buns! I loves Carol's blog which features details on how to mould the dough into different shapes! :D Instead using her method using straight dough, I uses water roux dough :) All the six buns turned out nicely shaped, no weird looking heart shaped :D




Ooooo so soft :D


65C Tangzhong, Water Roux

Ingredient
  • 125gm fresh milk/ water
  • 25gm high protein flour
Method
  1. Pour milk into a small saucepan, add in flour and stir till flour is well dissolved.
  2. Cook over low heat and whisk continuously till a smooth paste is formed (I do not have a thermo to check whether the dough reaches 65C, but it roughly takes about 2mins)
  3. Cover the paste with a cling wrap touching the surface, leave to cool completely before using.

Tuna Mayo Bun (6 buns)
Ingredient
  • 180gm high protein flour
  • 55gm low protein flour
  • 15gm milk powder
  • 30gm sugar
  • 3gm salt
  • 4gm instant yeast
  • 70gm Tangzhong
  • 65gm milk
  • 30gm beaten egg
  • 25gm unsalted butter, softened
  • egg for glazing
Filling (mix well) : 1/2 can tuna, 3 tbsp sweet corn kernels, 1/4 chopped diced onion, 3 tbsp mayo, salt & pepper to taste


Method
(hand knead)
  1. Combine flour, milk powder, sugar, salt & yeast and mix evenly. Add Tangzhong and mix lightly. Make a well in the centre.
  2. Add in milk & egg and mix into a rough dough. Knead for 5mins. Add in softened and knead for another 10mins until the dough is smooth & elastic. Cover and proof for 60mins.
  3. Lightly punch down the proofed dough and knead to release gas. Divide into 6 portions, approx 75gm each, shaped into rounds and rest for 15mins.
  4. Shaped each dough and proof for another 60mins until double in bulk. (refer to Carol's blog on the shaping method)


5. Put some filling in the middle and glaze the side with beaten egg.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-20mins until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely
on wire rack.


fillings and glaze...ready to bake...


aren't they lovely...


Recipe adapted from 超简单面包精选

2 comments:

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Yes, I'm also a big fan of Carol but never bought her books becoz I find that those recipes on the website are good enough for me to try out since my list is so long! Your heart-shaped bread looks beautiful! I also like this bread very much! Tried it a while ago myself but never in water roux method as I still don't know how to change the original recipe to a water roux version! I made the water roux corn & mayo bread in a different recipe which I found on the internet!

Peng said...

Jessie...I actually use my fav water roux dough recipe, then adopt the moulding method from Carol's blog :D Am actually more interested in shaping of bread and Carol has such details pic which I like!

Related Posts with Thumbnails