oh butter cake again!? The vanilla butter cake I've baked for my son's school party received good feedback from his teachers! I actually ate only one slice of and miss it so badly hahaha. So yesterday night I whipped up another butter cake incorporated with some strawberry flavour! Half given to my father another half reserve for myself and kids hehehe.....not very pretty swirl but definitely still taste very buttery and moist :D :D
Recipe adapated from Vanilla Butter Cake
- 230gm salted butter (I used 250gm)
- 200gm eggs, no shell (4 large eggs)
- 50gm + 150gm sugar
- 200gm self raising flour, sifted
- 60ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 3/4 tsp strawberry paste
- Preheat oven at 180 deg cel. (I only use 160 deg cel). Prepare a 8 inch square pan. Line the base and grease the sides (greasing helps the cake’s sides to rise well)
- Separate the eggs, and place the whites into a medium sized bowl. Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50gm sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 150gm sugar until pale and fluffy. Put in vanilla paste and and beat for a while. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Put in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance of flour.
- Put half the egg whites in and mix on low speed. Remove 1 cup batter and mix with strawberry paste. Pour the balance of egg whites into the plain batter and FOLD.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spoon in strawberry flavoured batter randomly. Level the surface and swirl lightly with a spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and invert to cool completely before unmoulding.
I baked this cake yesterday. Omg! This is so moist, light n soft with very nice strawberry fragrant. V different fm the chocolate version. Strawberry lovers must try baking this. U won't regret. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Iris, great to hear that u luv this cake also ;)
When u mention strawberry paste, are you referring to strawberry essence or strawberry coloring? And where do you buy them?
Is strawberry essence in concentrated form, thick paste type with essence and colouring, can find at supermarket baking section
Thanxs Peng!! Will search for it as the strawberry essence I used does not come with coloring & it just came out like a vanilla butter cake but with strawberry smell lol. Is a recipe worth to keep with every1 thumb up.
Post a Comment