Recipe adapted from 'Fruity Cakes' by Alex Goh
- 250gm unsalted butter
- 130gm sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 50gm ground almonds
- 230gm plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 60gm warm milk
- 1 tbsp coffee granules
- 120gm pine nuts + extra for topping, toasted
- Dissolves coffee granules in warm milk. Set aside.
- Cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
- Add egg at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Fold in flour & baking powder, alternate with coffee mixture until well blended.
- Fold in pine nuts. Pour batter into a lined loaf pan and level the top. Sprinkle extra pine nuts over. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 50mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.