Monday, March 5, 2012

XO Mushroom

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law :D I called it XO Mushroom as they are steamed with essence of reserved liquid from the mushroom & scallop and Brandy! These special flavourful mushroom can then be cooked with other dishes or just consume on its own!!


before bringing to steam


I like this divider box which I got it from Daiso, great for freezing food in portions!

Ingredient
  • 200gm dried shitake mushroom
  • 20gm dried scallops
  • 250ml brandy
Method
  1. Rinse dried mushroom and soak with water (enough to submerge the mushroom) till soften. Trim away stem and retain liquid.
  2. Soak dried scallops till soften. Retain liquid.
  3. Place all ingredients in a deep casserole including reserved liquid and steam over preheated steamer for 3 hours until soften.
  4. Cool completely before storing.

2 comments:

Dumpling Love said...

Mushrooms are my fav!!! I love how they soak up all the flavours, combined with their own fragrant juices...YUM! haha.

I've shared a blog award with you, Peng. Just hop onto my blog to claim it =)

lena said...

a premium dish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails