Hubby : 'What are you cooking today?' I told him claypot rice and he asked me again...'you got a claypot??' I use the Happy Call Pan!! hehehe that's what I answered him. Results? Thumbs up from him of course! hehehe He was rather surprised it taste not too bad by using the HCP to cook this claypot chicken rice. Even my kids enjoy this rice dish alot :)
yes! manage to get some brown rice crust at the bottom too!
- 2 cups rice, washed & drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 deboned & skinless chicken drumstick, cut into bite-sized
- 8 chinese mushroom, soften and cut into halves
- 2 small chinese sausage, sliced
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp corn flour
- Marinate chicken pieces & mushroom for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Put the rice and chicken stock into HCP (Happy Call Pan), close the lid and bring to boil. Lower heat and cook till the stock is absorbed into the rice but not completely dry.
- Spread marinated mixture and chinese sausage on top of the rice, close the lid and cook over low heat for 10mins till the rice is dry and meat are cooked through.
- Rest rice for 10mins before serving. Drizzle over some sesame oil and fluff up the rice.