Oh so cute! First time baking bread bun in a muffin cup and turns out looking really like a muffin ^.^ Even my boy prefers to call it a muffin even though I told him is a bread! ~.~ Though the tea flavour is not very distinctive but they are very soft and fluffy! The flavourful bananas kneaded into the dough may have camouflaged the milk tea taste :) A very easy dough to handle as long as you do not add too much milk tea at one go :D
shaped proofed dough into 6 portions...
wrapped in a slice of banana...
sealed up and placed into a muffin cup for 2nd proofing...
Ingredient (6 buns)
- 200gm bread flour
- 20gm sugar
- 2gm salt
- 4gm instant yeast
- 20gm unsalted butter, softened
- 120gm milk
- 3 black tea bags
- 50gm bananas + extra 1 banana as fillings
- Place milk and tea bags in a saucepan and bring to boil. Turn off heat and steep till cool completely. Discard teabags and reserve 100gm milk tea for use.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and instant yeast in a mixing bowl.
- Add in 50gm bananas and mix well.
- Add in 80gm milk tea and knead till a dough is formed. Add more milk tea if the dough is too dried.
- Add in butter and knead for 10mins till dough is smooth and elastic. Cover with damp cloth and proof for 1 hour or until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough to release gas and knead lightly. Divide into 6 equal portions and roll round. Rest for 10mins.
- Roll out each dough and wrap with a slice of banana. Seal edge tightly and place the dough into a muffin cup. Proof for another 40 mins until the dough raise to the edge of the cup cases.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20mins until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from 爱上面包 ：我的甜蜜烘培厨房
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #30 : it's Tea time! (April 2013) hosted by Food Playground