I loves chocolate cakes! Therefore I won't miss out this Bake Along #42! :) Personally I like this moist chocolate cake with hint of honey. I actually share this chocolate cake with my 2 neighbours and received good review from them too! Whenever I saw recipe uses sour cream I will usually replaced it with plain yogurt. But this time round I purposely went to get a tub of sour cream and try it out :) Is the reason that makes this chocolate cake extra moist??
- 270gm plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 120gm sour cream
- 120gm milk
- 30gm cocoa powder
- 60gm honey
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 120gm sugar
- 110gm butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk sour cream and milk together.
- Sift cocoa powder in a small bowl. Whisk in honey and 2 tbsp boiling water until smooth. Cool completely.
- Using a electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla and cocoa mixture until well combine.
- Flour in flour mixture alternate with sour cream mixture in 2 additions until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a lined 9" x 5" loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 50mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake on wire rack.