Cooking rice in a pan? I always fear that the base of the rice will burnt, but after using this Happy Call Pan (HCP) several times for cooking rice, not more worries! As long as maintaining a low heat throughout the cooking time, it does not burnt that easily and it cook rather fast too! Simply loves this steamed chicken rice, though I actually overcooked the chicken slightly ;P Do not own a HCP, try cooking in a rice cooker instead :) here is a traditional hainanese chicken rice recipe which I've done previously :D
Recipe source : Cuisine Paradise
- 2 chicken legs, 2 drumsticks
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pc chicken stock cube
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 slices ginger
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 knots pandan leaves
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt, ginger juice & sesame oil.
- Rinse and drain the rice well. Dissolve stock cube in 4 cups water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in happy call pan. Saute lemongrass, garlic & ginger until fragrant.
- Add in rice, pandan leaves and 1/2 tsp salt and mix evenly for 1-2mins.
- Pour in chicken stock and stir to mix. Cover the pan (do not lock) and let the mixture simmer on low heat for 5 mins till the liquid reduce by half.
- Open the pan, place the marinated chicken pieces on top of the rice. Cover the pan (lock) and continue to simmer for 20 mins.
- Turn off heat and rest for 5 mins before serving.
What's is? This is actually the crust formed at the base of the rice 锅巴! My boy actually asked for more when he tasted this!! ^.^