Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Angel Food Cake with Mango Curd

What's the best way to get rid of the balanced egg whites after making the mango curd? I do not want to freeze them as I've still have another 4 frozen egg whites in my freezer!! So here is my another 1st attempt on Angel Food Cake! :D Oh this chiffon cake is so white and fluffy and my boy actually thought it is bread when I served him this >.<

After chilling the mango curd overnight, it has set beautifully which I am able to do some simple piping over a slice of the angel food cake :) Simply loves the colours combination of this dessert!







Ingredient
  • 40gm cake flour, sifted
  • 100gm sugar
  • 4 egg whites
  • 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla paste

Method
  1. Combine 50gm of the sugar with cake flour and mix well.
  2. In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Beat in lemon juice.
  3. Add in balanced 50gm sugar gradually and beat on high speed until stiff peak formed. Beat in vanilla paste.
  4. Sift over the flour mixture in batches and fold gently into the whites. 
  5. Pour mixture in an ungreased tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins.
  6. Remove from oven and overturn the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding.
  7. Slice and serve with mango curd.



 can you see the brown specks? ^.^ they are vanilla seeds from the vanilla paste I've used




4 comments:

PH said...

Peng, that's a beautiful cake! I bet it is delicious with the mango curd. Yums!

kitchen flavours said...

That is a lovely cake!
I have dozens of egg whites in my freezer! Will have to used them up as they are taking space in my freezer!

Esther Lau said...

Hi Peng, your angel cake looks soft and fluffy, lovely!!!!

Unknown said...

Angel cake looks so fine and fluffy. I'm pretty sure it taste even better with mango curd...

Related Posts with Thumbnails