This is my one and only attempt cake baking in the Happy Call Pan :P Why?? As it is rather tedious and tiring standing in front of the stove to move the pan around the fire to prevent the base from burning. The cake turns out well, quite evenly browned and fluffy. But I do not really fancy the taste of this cake, still prefer oven-baked cakes :D
Earl Grey Milk Tea Cake
225gm cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla paste
2 Earl Grey tea bag
70g canola oil
- Sift flour, baking powder/soda.
- Heat the milk then pour all the tea powder in the hot milk, keep aside to cool.
- Mix egg and sugar, Add in oil and vanilla.
- Stir in milk tea mixture.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into flour and fold till smooth batter formed. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into lighlty greased HCP and cook on low heat with lid closed (really low as I do not want risking a burnt cake) for 10mins. (Sift the pan to left and right at 3 mins interval each side to achieve even browning)
- Open the pan, use a spatula and lightly loosen all the sides. Close the pan and flip to the other side & cook for another 6mins. (Shifting the pan to left and right at 2 mins intervals)
Recipe source : MunchMinistry.com
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #30 : it's Tea time! (April 2013) hosted by Food Playground
Wouw! It seems very useful to invest on HCP, I see you really made use of it, and all the food & cakes turn out successfully made & delicious too :) maybe I should get one too :)
DG...hahaha so far so good, must make good use of it if not becomes white elephant again ;p
Indeed sounds more tedious.... whereas put in oven, can just set the timer and come back when it's ready.
Sure taste gd! Thanks for your participation :)
*Clap Clap Clap* Li hai~!
Post a Comment