Thanks to Wendy for sharing this wonderful butter cake recipe! very delicate texture, almost melts in the mouth! :D Going to pack these slices for my boy's school party tomorrow!!
Recipe adapted from Wendy's Blog (recipe source : Mrs NgSK)
- 230gm salted butter (I used 250gm)
- 200gm eggs, no shell (4 large eggs)
- 50gm + 150gm sugar
- 200gm self raising flour, sifted
- 60ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Preheat oven at 180 deg cel. (I only use 160 deg cel). Prepare a 8 inch square pan. Line the base and grease the sides (greasing helps the cake’s sides to rise well)
- Separate the eggs, and place the whites into a medium sized bowl. Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50gm sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 150gm sugar until pale and fluffy. Put in vanilla paste and and beat for a while. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Put in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance of flour.
- Put half the egg whites in and mix on low speed. Pour the balance of egg whites in and FOLD.
- Pour batter into pan and level. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and invert to cool completely before unmoulding.