Oh how to resist these lovely mangoes when they are relatively cheap! These 3 fruits weighed 1.35kg only for S$3.50! Really worth it as they are very sweet with thick flesh :) Besides eating as a fruit, I am very enthusiastic to try out new recipes ^,^ I want to prepare something new besides making into pudding, ice-cream or popsicles which I've done before. So here is my freshly cooked mango curd from my kitchen! Let's see how it will set after chilling till tomorrow and I will then continue to post recipes on how to serve this lovely mango curd ^.*....
this is how the texture thickens whereby it can coat the back of the spoon with a clean trail
- 1 large mango, approx 450gm, peeled, pitted and cut into pieces
- 90gm sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 60gm unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Puree mango, sugar, lemon juice and salt in a food processor. Add in yolks and blitz briefly.
- Strain through a sieve over a metal bowl. Discard solids if any.
- Set the metal bowl over saucepan of simmering water, whisk mixture until thickens for about 10 mins. Remove from heat and whisk in butter gradually until well blended.
- Transfer curd into a air-tight container, cool down before chilling overnight.
Oh this is much better than lemon curd. Mango must be even taste even good. Can try to make cake with it. So, Peng how will you make use of it? curious lar...
Angeline....hahaha not sure how to use it yet! Too many choices lol
hi peng, this is such a fantastic idea..i know i will love them !
Post a Comment