I've realised I did not bake any breads for 1 month! I've planned to make some pork patties for lunch the next day, then thinking why not try baking some burgers to go with it! Guess what I only cooked the water roux dough at 9pm!! So by the time I settled down the kids to bed and the water roux is well cool down, is already 10pm >.< hahahaha so from the beginning of kneading to the end of baking is already past 1am! Zzzzzzz This is one of those crazy days when trying bread making in the middle of the night....But I really loves the result of the buns, all are evenly brown with golden hue!! so lovely :D
Ingredient (yields 5 buns)
- 105gm bread flour
- 50gm cake flour
- 10gm milk powder
- 20gm sugar
- 3gm salt
- 3gm instant yeast
- 35gm beaten eggs
- 35gm iced water
- 45gm water roux dough
- 25gm unsalted butter
- extra eggs for glazing
- white sesame seeds for coating
- Combine all ingredients, except butter, and knead into a rough dough.
- Add in butter and knead for 10mins until a smooth and elastic dough is formed. Cover and proof for 60mins until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and knead lightly. Divide dough into 60gm each and rest for 15mins.
- Knead dough lightly and shape into rounds. Brush surface with beaten eggs and coat with sesame seeds. Proof for another 60mins until double in size.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-18 mins until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack before storing.
Recipes Coming Up!!! Homemade Curry Pork Burgers & Homemade Tomato Ketchup!!
Post a Comment