This is another spicy dish which is excellent with a bowl of hot rice! Hubby commented too spicy, so in the end I'm the one whom completely wiped off this spicy squid! >.<
Stir-fried Spicy Squid, 오징어 볶음 , Ohjinguh bokkeum
- 1 large squid, approx 200gm after cleaning and trimming
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 large onion, 1/2 diced and the other sliced
- 3 tbsp korean chilli paste
- 3 tbsp wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 stalk spring onion
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Slice squid into rings and marinate with minced garlic, ginger, diced onions, chilli paste, wine, salt & sugar for at least 2 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan, saute sliced onion until fragrant & soften.
- Add in marinated squid and stir fry on high fire for 3 mins until cook through. Add in a couple of tbsp water if mixture is too dry. Stir in spring onion and mix evenly. Remove from fire. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Baked Teriyaki Chicken : Specially prepared for the kids since the squid is too spicy for their palate!! :D
- 800gm chicken pieces (I used mixture of wings &vdrumsticks)
- 8 tbsp thick teriyaki sauce
- 3 tsp curry powder
- Marinate chicken pieces with all seasoning overnight.
- Drain chicken pieces and place on baking sheet.
- Pour reserve marinate in a sauce pan and add 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil and simmer on low heat for 10 mins until thickens. Set aside.
- Bake marinated chicken in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 30-40mins, basting with sauce for 3 times in between baking time.
- Serve chicken with white rice together with balanced teriyaki sauce.