Found another way to make use of my white truffle oil! A simple carbonara style pasta infused with some truffle oil and a Mediterranean style braised chicken to complete the meal :D
Lemon & Olive Chicken
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Rub salt & pepper evenly all over chicken. In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and sear chicken, skin side down first, until golden brown about 3 mins on each side. Remove from fire.
- Cut lemons in half lengthwise and slice thinly.
- In 1 tbsp oil in a pot, add onions and garlic and cook over medium heat until soft and fragrant.
- Stir in lemon slices, olives and chicken breast and mix evenly.
- Add in stock and bring to boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15mins until chicken is cooked through.
Linguine with White Truffle Oil
- 250gm linguine pasta
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp double cream
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- few drops of truffle oil, or to taste
- freshly ground white pepper
- 30gm butter
- Cook linguine accordingly to package.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, cream, cheese, pepper and truffle oil together.
- Heat a pan on low heat, add in drain pasta and butter and toss in eggs mixture, keep stirring until pasta is coated with sauce. Drizzle with more truffle oil if desired.