Nice jade colour and green tea flavour with the use of the green tea powder bought from Phoon Huat. As I mentioned in my earlier post, this powder not exactly the real green tea extract but I still like the taste :P Very moist and light texture, like eating a piece of cotton :D
- 95gm egg yolks
- 25gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 80gm corn oil
- 50gm fresh milk
- 30gm water
- 100gm Top Flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 15gm Green Tea Powder
- 240gm egg whites
- 100gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Beat yolks with sugar & salt until sugar is well dissolves.
- Add in oil, fresh milk and water and mix until well combine.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and green tea powder until a smooth batter is formed.
- In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft foam. Beat in sugar gradually until stiff peak formed.
- Spoon 1/3 egg white mixture into yolk mixture and mix well. Pour batter into the balanced egg whites and fold till combine.
- Pour batter into a 9" tube pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 45mins. Remove from oven and cool completely with pan overturned.