My recent discover in supermarket! cute shaped pasta! Aren't they cute! Other design like Racing Cars, Princess Series, Thomas Train & Hello Kitty are available. But I did not manage to spot the HK one if not sure will grab a package :P
Ooooo this creamy white sauce is so easy to make and very tasty also!! definitely less sodium loaded & food flavourings than commercially bought one! :D
Homemade Creamy Pasta White Sauce
- 30gm onion, diced
- 3 cloves, garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 250ml milk
- 30gm butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt to taste
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of white pepper
- Place onion, garlic, bay leaves & milk in a small pot. Bring to boil, lower heat to medium and cook for 5mins. Turn off heat and rest for 5mins for the flavours to infuse. Sieve.
- In a clean pot, melt butter over low heat. Add in flour and stir to mix, cook for 30secs. Remove from heat.
- Add in infused milk and stir well to remove any lumps.
- Add in salt, nutmeg & pepper and cook the mixture over low heat until thickens. Ready to use!
Kids Serving! ^-*
Cute Pasta with Homemade Creamy Sauce
Ingredient (4 kids serving)
- 80gm cute shaped paste
- 30gm sliced carrots
- 50gm broccoli florets
- 30gm fresh mushroom, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30gm onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 4 tbsp creamy white sauce
- 1-2 tbsp pasta water
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package, remove cooked pasta from water and set aside
- With the same pot of water, cook carrots for 3mins. Add in broccoli & mushroom and cook for another 2mins until the vegetables are softened. Remove the vege and retained the liquid for later use.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add onions & garlic and saute till fragrant.
- Add in white wine and white sauce, stir well to combine.
- Toss in cooked pasta and vegetables and mix evenly. Add in adequate pasta water if mixture is too dry. Add salt to taste. Remove from heat and cool down slightly before serving.
This is Mummy's serving ^-^, heart shaped pasta with creamy sauce too :D
Baked Fish Fillet with Coriander & Lemon...similar recipe as "Baked Seabass" which I cooked before. Just that I substitute parsley with coriander and added extra white onions :D
Baked White Fish Fillet with Coriander & Lemon
- 500gm White Fish Fillet (I used Sutchi Fillet)
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 12gm coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- butter for greasing
- Place a piece of foil over a baking pan. Lightly brush butter over. Place 1/2 of the onions & coriander on the foil. Arrange fish fillet over. Sprinkle salt & black pepper evenly over the fish
- Scatter lemon, remaining onion & coriander over. Drizzle olive oil evenly.
- Top another piece of foil over and seal tightly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 30mins.