Presenting my tray of golden pineapple 'fishballs' hehehe It indeed melt-in-the-mouth but also melts in my hand >0< For me this recipe is not easy as the dough sticks all onto my palm when I try to wrap it up with my pineapple jam...I try to chill the dough up to firm up the texture but it does not help much. Maybe I got the ingredient proportion wrong after I adjusted the ingredient using 2 yolks. In the end with lightly damp palms I manage to roll up this golden balls :)
Ingredient (approx 67 pcs)
- 160gm butter
- 50gm sugar
- 100gm whipping cream
- 30gm cream cheese
- 2 egg yolk
- 270gm cake flour
- 30gm corn flour
- egg yolk for glazing
- Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese together.
- Pour in whipping cream and beat on medium speed. Scrape the sides from time to time.
- Beat in egg yolk for 1 minute.
- Sift flour into creamed mixture in batches and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Chill dough briefly for ease of handling. Divide dough in 9-10gm each and wrap with 7gm pineapple jam. Place tart into small cases.
- Glaze with egg yolk and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 25-30mins.
- Cool completely before storing.