'Black Gold' Pineapple Tarts
Pastry Ingredients (open tarts) approx 70 small pcs
- 400g flour
- 2 tbsp charcoal powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbp sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- 500gm pineapple jam
Egg mixture : mix together 1/2 egg, 1/2 tp vanilla
- Shift flour, add in salt and sugar, mix well.
- Cut butter into small cubes, rub butter into flour till mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in beaten egg mixture to the flour to form a pastry dough, chill for 1/2 hour.
- Roll pastry to 0.5cm thickness, cut with a special tart cutter.
- Bake in preheted oven at 180 deg cel for 10mins.
- Brush some yellow/gold dust over the tarts. Fill tart with pineapple jam.
- Rebake at preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins until firm.