Think this is a very a adult taste cookie, as my boy only taste 1 slice and frown hehehe...but I love the wholesome basil flavour :D Great to serve along with some creamy soup or a cuppa of mint tea! :D
rolling the chilled dough over black sesame seeds
- 200gm plain flour, sifted
- 20gm sweet basil leaves
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 100gm butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- salt to sprinkle (I omit)
- black sesame seeds for coating
- In a food processor, blend parmesan & basil until fine.
- Beat butter until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk until well combine.
- Beat in basil mixture.
- Fold in flour until a dough is formed.
- Shape into log and chill for 30mins until firmed enough to slice.
- Coat log with black sesame seeds and slice. Sprinkle surface with some salt & place on baking sheets and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12-15mins until edge are golden.
- Cool completely before storing.