This is what I attempted with the balanced egg whites after making the cream brulee!! This cake uses large amount of whites : 10 egg whites to 2 egg yolks but I halved the recipe, just nice to clear my egg whites :D
Alas but my skills not up to par hahaha, cannot get a proper 'zebra' look, but the cake texture did not fail me! very light and moist tasty cake :D
Recipe adapted from Yochana's Cake Delight
Ingredients (I halved the recipe, for original recipe please refer to the link above)
- 5 cold egg whites (160gm)
- 1 egg yolk
- 110 castor sugar
- 125gm cake flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp Ovalette
- 1/2 tbsp condense milk
- 110gm melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 10gm cocoa powder
- 70gm almonds nibs
- Beat egg white, egg yolk, sugar, flour, ovalette and baking powder together a high speed until it's fluffy and almost double in volume.
- Pour in condense milk , mix for awhile and then pour in the melted butter and beat lightly until combine.
- Divide the cake batter into 2 portions. Add cocoa powder into one portion. Add vanilla paste into the other plain portion.
- Scoop the batter (a tbsp) alternately into the lined pan (6" round or 9" loaf pan) and sprinkle almonds nibs on every alternate layer.
- Sprinkle some almond nibs on top of the cake and bake at 160 deg cel for 35mins.
though it's not a totally zebra design, you created a pattern on its own. i'm still keeping the egg whites.
Like your 1st photo. Is a great way of finish whites for other yummy bakes :)
Post a Comment