This is one of the typical dish I only prepare once a year during this festive season :) I remember during childhood time I will watch my Mum mix up the ingredient and then she will pass the rolling job to me! Now I can only reminisce the past as she is no longer around...
- 1 kg mince pork
- 500gm prawn, shelled & minced
- 20 pcs water chestnut, peeled & chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 tbsp five spice powder
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chinese wine
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 packet beancurd skin
- Place all ingredient in a large mixing bowl and mix till evenly. Set aside for 30mins.
- Wipe beancurd skin with a damp cloth to remove excess oil & salt. Trim away hard edges. Cut into even pieces.
- Scoop some minced mixture onto a beancurd skin and roll up tightly. Seal with some cornstarch water.
- Steam on high heat for 10mins. Cool completely before storing or deep fry till golden brown. (can be freezed till used)
Post a Comment