Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Almond Cookies

Simple & easy recipe :) Slightly modified the original recipe * and it turns out great. Nice almond flavour cos of the instant almond powder used. The glazed cookie nearly got burnt therefore for the unglazed portion I reduce the baking temp to 160deg cel for 12mins.

Ingredients (approx 105 pcs)
  • 120gm instant almond powder * ) original 120gm ground almond
  • 100gm plain flour * ) original 180gm plain flour
  • 80gm ground almond* )
  • 100gm caster sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 120ml cooking oil
  • 1 egg yolk for glazing
Method
  1. Sift flour, almond powder, salt & baking powder & soda together. Gradually add in oil and mix into a soft dough.
  2. Scale 6g each rounded portion or cut into shapes using cookie cutter. Arrange on lined baking trays and glaze surfaces.
  3. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15 mins until lightly browned. Cool well before storage.

6 comments:

Lily said...

hi Peng, I stumble into your blog and just fell in love with this . I wld like to tyr the Almond cookies - my favourite - can I check what is the different between Almond Instant Powder and ground Almond ?
Is Almond Instant Powder the one that we can make into drinks ? and that ground Almond is for baking - like the ones we can buy from PhoonHuat ?

Peng said...

Hi Lily, yes u are right :)

Divine appointment said...

Hi, i was looking for a almond cookies recipe and stumble into your blog. i wanted to try but am not sure about the original ingredients required. why is there two times ground almond? 120gm ground almond and also another 80gm ground almond.
Please come back to me as i will bake this cookies this sat for a parrty. thanks

Rosalind said...

what is the texture like? crispy or melt in the mouth like the pistachio cookies?

Peng said...

Hi Rosalind...this texture is crispy.

rosalind said...

thanks for letting me know! I think I will give this recipe a try as well. And if I have almonds left I might use the pistacio cookie recipe again but with almonds instead.

Related Posts with Thumbnails