When is the last time I eaten green papaya? Only during my confinement period , fish soup with green papaya hahaha....I actually had this refreshing for lunch today! Spicy, sour, sweet & crunchy salad to help detox as have eaten too much sinful desserts/food for the past weeks >.<
Recipe source : mycookinghut
with slight modifications
- 500gm green papaya, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green thai chillies, choppped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 80gm long beans, cut and blanched lightly
- 40gm roasted peanuts
- 20gm dried shrimps, softened
- 1 sprig cilantro, shredded
- 1 stalk spring onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp palm sugar
- Soak the shredded papaya in cold water briefly, drained well.
- Place chilli, garlic, long beans, dried shrimps and peanuts in a mortar. Crush lightly.
- Combine fish sauce, lime juice & palm sugar. Stir till sugar is well dissolved.
- Toss all ingredients in a large mixing bowl evenly.
I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest, Kelantan Month hosted by Gertrude of My Kitchen Snippets...