This is my kiddos and my lunch today! I uses calrose rice instead of glutinous rice. So happy to see they enjoy this rice dish and my boy even had 2nd servings! :D
Ingredient (makes 4 parcels, 6-8 servings)
- 2.5 cups calrose rice
- 30gm dried shrimps
- 20gm dried shitake mushrooms
- 200gm pork fillet, thinly sliced (marinated lightly with 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp cornflour, 1/2 tsp pepper)
- 120gm cooked bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp thick dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp abalone sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pieces lotus leaf (softened with hot water & rinsed well)
- Wash and rinse calrose rice well. Add appropriately amount of water and cook till done. Cool down slightly.
- Soak dried shrimps and mushroom till softend. Reserved the liquid. Slice mushroom thinly.
- Heat oil in wok, add dried shrimps and mushroom and stir fry till fragrant for about 2mins.
- Add marinated pork fillet and stir fry for another min. Add in bamboo shoot and mix well.
- Add in reserved liquid (top up water to 1.5 cup) and seasoning and bring to boil. Lower heat and cook till gravy is reduced half. Turn off heat and cool down slightly.
- Add in cooked rice and mix evenly, ensure that all rice is well coated with gravy.
- Cut lotus leaf into halves. Divide rice mixture into 4 portions and place onto lotus leaves, wrap up tightly and tie up the parcel (see pics above).
- Steamed the rice parcel over preheated steamer on high heat for 10mins until heated through. Serve!