Recipe adapted from Vivian Pang Kitchen
Mushroom Pork with Bean Paste 香菇肉酱
- 3 tbsp oil
- 300gm pork cube (leg portion)
- 1 onion, diced
- 80gm carrot, diced
- 100gm fresh shiitake mushroom, diced
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 100gm salty bean paste
- 120ml water
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- Heat oil in a potl. Add onion and carrot and fry till fragrant and onion is soften.
- Add pork and cook for another 2mins. Add in mushroom and stir briefly to combine.
- Add in five spice and bean paste. Fry for 1min. Add water and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer till the meat tender, stirring occasionally in between to prevent scorching at the base, for abt 1 hour. Stir in chinese wine at the last min.
- Cool completely before storing. Best serve next day for the flavour to develop.
- Serve with your favourite noodle with shredded cucumber & carrots.