Friday, January 23, 2009

Ngoh Hiang

This is one of the typical dish I only prepare once a year during this festive season :) I remember during childhood time I will watch my Mum mix up the ingredient and then she will pass the rolling job to me! Now I can only reminisce the past as she is no longer around...

Ingredient
  • 1 kg mince pork
  • 500gm prawn, shelled & minced
  • 20 pcs water chestnut, peeled & chopped
  • 1 medium carrot, grated
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 shallots, minced
  • 4 tbsp five spice powder
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp chinese wine
  • 2 tbsp light soya sauce
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 2 packet beancurd skin
Method
  1. Place all ingredient in a large mixing bowl and mix till evenly. Set aside for 30mins.
  2. Wipe beancurd skin with a damp cloth to remove excess oil & salt. Trim away hard edges. Cut into even pieces.
  3. Scoop some minced mixture onto a beancurd skin and roll up tightly. Seal with some cornstarch water.
  4. Steam on high heat for 10mins. Cool completely before storing or deep fry till golden brown. (can be freezed till used)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails